About this mail art blog

This mail art blog re-circulates Ray Johnson's Follow Instructions Below. Originally published in the November 1971 issue of Arts Magazine, it was a "mailing event" cleverly devised by the artist in which recipients are asked to alter or add to a photocopy of Rimbaud.



January 6, 2010

From: Angel G.


This is the first Rimbaud that I received in the mail from my artist friend, Angel G. He cleverly rotated the poet's portrait horizontally and then created an astonishingly detailed Surrealist landscape. I love the idea of turning the psychic space of the head into a melancholic, moonlit landscape through which hooded figures wander aimlessly . Beautiful work! Visit his blog to view more of his wonderful artwork here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to take part in this stimulating exercise. It was a wonderful challenge and I encourage everyone to participate!

    ReplyDelete